PDA

View Full Version : Morning at mountain river

Piotr Shpakowski
12-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Motacilla flava ,Bulgaria ,Rila mountain ,EOS 1 D Mark 2N ,EF 300 2,8 +1,4 TC.Best regards.

Maxis Gamez
12-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi Piotr,

This is very interesting and I think the "white spots" are what makes it interesting for me. Great low angle and composition. You managed to pull good details in your main subject.

I like it.

Thanks!

Fabs Forns
12-06-2008, 11:02 AM
I love the specular highlights in the background, it makes for a very interesting image.
Not sure about the ones in the foreground, and judging by the way the head is turned, it would have been a stronger composition with the bird on the left of the image, with space for him to look into, even if the body is facing the other side. As a general rule, you want the negative (empty) space in front of the subjects face, not the body, in the case where head and body are facing a different way.

Keep them coming!

Juan Aragonés
12-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Piotr, from my point of view, this is one of the finest images that I have seen in recent times. Very creative and artfull. Superb composition, timing and low angle. Love the out of focus light circles sugesting the presence of water in motion, the texture os the rocks and leaves in the water urface and the bird adding the only note of color to this almost B/W image. I think that the bird looking to out of the frame works very good in this ocasion. I would love to have a copy of this image framed and hanging on my wall. Big congratulations!!!

Arthur Morris
12-06-2008, 05:53 PM
I too like this a lot and find it a very creative image. I would like to see the bird sharpened jut a bit and find the leaf stems a distraction. If it fits with your personal ethics, removing them would not be too difficult. Does anyone think that this could use a bit of CW rotation??? All in all, very well done.

I am extremely proud that so many talented folks from overseas are choosing BPN as their on-line home for bird and nature photography.

Piotr Shpakowski
12-07-2008, 05:22 AM
I'm glad you liked the picture.
Fabs, I like the yellow spots in foreground. Right from the bird there was a large stone so the right composition was impossible. Anyway it's fine with me the way it is.
Artie, I agree with you about the CW rotation but prefere not to remove the leaf stems to preserve the natural spirit of the picture.
I think that the BPN is one of the best wildlife forums ,where one could see pictures on a very high level and get very useful advises.Best regards.