PDA

View Full Version : Orange Sherbet

Julie Kenward
12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Inspired by Ed with his beautiful yellow rose, I bought a couple of roses at the local grocer last week. This was a late night attempt at the coral rose right as its petals were beginning to relax.

Canon 40D, 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
f4 @ 1/20th, ISO 1000
Manual mode, pattern metering, AWB
Indoors, incandescent light, flash did not fire
Processed in ACR & CS4

Gus Cobos
12-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Love the delicate pastel colors and the texture Julie. well presented...:cool:

Stu Bowie
12-07-2008, 02:00 AM
I really like the DOF in this Julie, and pastel colours you have certainly captured. Well done.

Alfred Forns
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Lovely tones and textures !!! About the only suggestion I have is the brighter area on the lower left? My eye keeps going there Love it !!

Aristotle Georgiou
12-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Nice shot Jules, like the vibrant colour to this flower and nice use of DOF

denise ippolito
12-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Julie, This is very nice . I like the soft colors and the detail showing on large petal-Like the many layers

Ed Vatza
12-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Glad I could provide some inspiration, Jules. This is a beautiful image. Love the composition, the color. dof... it all works. I have a similar image of a red rose on my office wall and a colleague keeps trying to steal it! :) Very well done, Julie.

I've been working on birds of late but have to start working on some more images of this type. I have a plan to do a series of different color roses. That's my task for the dog days of winter.

Julie Kenward
12-09-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm with ya, Ed. Flowers in the winter is the only way to go unless you get a decently unfrozen day to be outside. I've got a new florist near my workplace that carries some very unusual flowers so I'm sure I'll be heading over there a time or two to see what she's got for me to play with. I'm also looking at getting a lensbaby 2.0 at some point.