PDA

View Full Version : American Redstart Male

bill kominsky
12-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Another lucky shot of this very elusive bird, taken at the Green Cay Wetlands with a Canon MK-III ISO = 200 f/8 1/100th. of a sec.
100-400 - L at 400-mm.
All comments very welcome and appreciated.

Bill

Rene' Villela
12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Bill... HI! What a lovely bird he is! Uhmm! May I say something? The BG has been retouched, hasn't it? Specially on the left side and around the tail is very visible. maybe something can be done about it! I just don't know what! :) I am afraid I could be wrong! But anyway, it is a great shot! Thank you!

chad anderson
12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Nice catch at 400mm. Some colors look a little washed, late in the day?

Daniel Cadieux
12-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi Bill, a great looking male Redstart for sure! Biggest negative for me here is the less than ideal head angle. More towards us would have serve a second purpose too...that is to get the sunlight on it's face. I like the leaf clump, but wish the hot spots were not there. Still a nice one Bill, keep them coming!! :-)

bill kominsky
12-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Bill... HI! What a lovely bird he is! Uhmm! May I say something? The BG has been retouched, hasn't it? Specially on the left side and around the tail is very visible. maybe something can be done about it! I just don't know what! :) I am afraid I could be wrong! But anyway, it is a great shot! Thank you!

The ony retouching that was done was in the ULC but not around the tail, and thank you so much for your comment.

bill kominsky
12-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Hi Bill, a great looking male Redstart for sure! Biggest negative for me here is the less than ideal head angle. More towards us would have serve a second purpose too...that is to get the sunlight on it's face. I like the leaf clump, but wish the hot spots were not there. Still a nice one Bill, keep them coming!! :-)

I don't know Daniel I thought the head position was really good and tilted just enough toward us to make it right, thanks Daniel for the thought and comment, greatly appreciated.

Bill

Rene' Villela
12-06-2008, 03:43 AM
Bill.... I'm sorry! I knew there was a chance I was wrong. I wish I could show you what I was talking about! Anyway, I like the shot. I wish I run into birds like that! Cheers!