PDA

View Full Version : CS3 Save for Web Color Saturation Issue

Jared Gricoskie
12-04-2008, 11:59 PM
I've been running into an issue as I go through my workflow. Going from Nikon NEF on a D200 and D300, too nikon transfer, to bridge, to ACR, opened in CS3 as a layered tiff, edited to taste, downsized, then save for web.

During the save for web step my careful color control editing goes from what I like to an over saturated image for the entire spectrum. Its almost like I took the master saturation control and added 20+ to the image in the optimized preview in save for web. This didn't occur with CS2 that i notice so I wonder if its an aspect of going from Tiff to Jpeg, or something different in CS3.

Can anyone direct me to the potential source of this issue?

And yes my monitor is color managed.

Thanks for some of the best advise out there in advance.

Robert Amoruso
12-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Jared,

Give this link a try for a fix. Fabs came up with this back when we started and people were having this problem.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2472

Jared Gricoskie
12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the link Robert, I ran a search quick originally but I didn't see this come up before I posted.

Gus Hallgren
12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Clicking the link Robert posted took me right to it.

Gus Hallgren

Jared Gricoskie
12-06-2008, 06:34 PM
So I did the change in view that Fabs detailed, but I'm still having the same issue, with the Jpeg being over saturated after having the Tiff looking correct.

Any other ideas?

Robert Amoruso
12-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Jared,

When I donwload an image to do a repost on and open it in PS as a sRGB image it always oversaturates and I have to tone it donw before reposting it. That tells me something is up but that is not your situation.

I don't seem to have this problem. I suggest you go to Artie's link below and about 1/2 way down, go to the "Free Excerpt: Creating an Action for your BPN J-PEGS" section and follow that procedure and see if you still are having problems.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5598

Let us know.

Tony House
12-13-2008, 05:05 PM
When saving for web make sure your saving the document colour profile that's assigned with the image. If you look to the top right of the save for web palette when open, you'll see a little arrow, click on this and a menu will come up, click save with document profile.

I had trouble with the images having a mangenta cast when saving for web and found this was on save with windows profile...

Hope this helps.
Tony