PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Shoot

Jackie Schuknecht
12-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Going on a raptor shoot this W/E with a fellow from the BPN site who lives near me .(Ray Barlow) I emailed him after seeing some of his posts in the advanced section. I think the static shots will be OK, but the BIF,I don't know. (never done them) I am pretty excited about it and hope to post a few good shots in the coming week or so. I am sure I will learn a lot. Also Richard Waas is coming to town up here (Toronto) and we plan to meet for a chat. BPN really does pan out. "Not just birds"... to quote someone we all know:)

Gus Cobos
12-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Enjoy yourself Jackie,
Birds in flight is allot of fun to do...just have to practice your panning motion and follow through...with a little bit of practice and patience, you should be nailing them left and right...I know you can...:D:):cool:

denise ippolito
12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Jackie, You're an excellent photographer -I have no doubt you'll be perfect at BIF shots in no time! Enjoy yourself,after all that's what it's all about -

Alfred Forns
12-04-2008, 09:57 PM
You will go fine with the flight Remember to set the correct settings with the AF and on the lens if you can limit the range !!! Looking forward to some fine images !!

Desmond Chan
12-04-2008, 10:50 PM
I envy you, Jackie. What an opportunity! When you come back, do share some tricks with us, tell us Raymond's secret techniques on how to shoot hand-held with a 200-400 (he's a big guy so it's easy for him) :D

Jeni Williams
12-05-2008, 05:20 AM
Good luck Jackie- am sure you'll love it. Please do let us know the secrets!!
P.S. When is THAT lens coming??

Jackie Schuknecht
12-05-2008, 10:14 AM
I will be flying by the seat of my pants on this one. We have a large field with hills on both sides and a good BG. I think Ray has this all figured out. Everyone will get a full report and any tips I get will definitely be shared!!!
Al I will be taking all my gear and primarily figure I will be using the 100-400. I saw some of Ray's exif and a lot of it shot around 300mm (full frame I think) so I am hoping I can open up my lens as wide as possible. What do you mean by limiting the range? Cut out the closest focusing distance so the lens doesnt take as long to focus?
Jeni that lens will be coming when our dollar gets out of the dumps:)
Thanks for the encouragement/ the pressure is on!

Harold Davis
12-05-2008, 01:10 PM
good luck jackie!!!! sounds like a lot of fun! i'm sure you will get tons of keepers. just take lots of memory!!!!!!

Gail Spitler
12-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Have a great time. Ray surely has an impressive body of work. May the birds be with you (smile).
Cheers
Gail

Nonda Surratt
12-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a fantastic time! You'll do fine

Pea green with envy here:-)

Richard Waas
12-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Can't wait to see the images you'll post. Thanks for catching up with me. It was great meeting a fellow BPNer. Just wish you could have had some warmer weather. Keep in touch......... Richard