PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Wetlands

Oscar Zangroniz
12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
From a few weeks ago at Cutler Wetlands. Background was real dirty, tried to clean up as best as I could.
Nikon D300, 300mm 2.8 w/1.4tc, Focal length 420mm, f5.6, 1/100, ISO 400, Manual Exposure, +2/3

Lance Peters
12-04-2008, 04:54 AM
Hi Oz - thats a lot of birds - like the pano crop. Personal taste - just find a bit much going on, couple of OOF birds in the foreground that are a bit distracting = must have been a great place to be. :)

Gus Cobos
12-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Mr. O
I like what you were trying to do here. The pano crop is too tight if you are going to leave the bird in flight in the composition. There are too many birds that are cut off on both sides. The composition is busy . Suggestion would be to clean up ; clone out the birds that are cut up on the sides. If you decide to leave the bird in flight, you need to add canvas on top to give him some flight ceiling. also would boost saturation up just a tad... :cool:

denise ippolito
12-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Oscar, I love pano crops and all the birds look neat- does feel alittle full-I think Gus is right about the canvas-I do like the colors as presented!

Jackie Schuknecht
12-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I like your bird flying in from the top Oscar, I think I might add a bit of canvas up there though if possible. I don't find the birds cut off too distracting because it just tells you there are a ton of birds there! Was wondering if it needs just a little CW rotation or maybe it is just the land.

Alfred Forns
12-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Oscar the top bird is tight but I like the image a lot One single bird flying over the ones on the ground makes for a strong composition !!! I like the clean bottom free of birds !!

btw haven't been to that area Looks good !!