PDA

View Full Version : Ross's Goose

James Boland
12-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Two Ross's Geese and three snow geese have delighted local birders by taking up residence along Black Point Drive at Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge, Florida. This photo is of one of the Ross's. I used a Canon EOS 40D, 500mm f/4 lens, 1/800 shutter speed, f/10, Av mode, evaluative metering, and ISO 400.

Lance Peters
12-04-2008, 05:03 AM
Hi James - like the out stretched wing and the details - whites look good on my screen.
Would like to see a little more canvas in front of the bird. I would try and lighten the eye a little.

keep em coming :)

Gus Cobos
12-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi James,
Agree with Mr. Peters on the lightening and sharpening of the eye. I would add 1/4 canvas to the top of the frame; your subject is sitting too high, also add canvas to the left to give him more swimming space; and take off 1/4 from the bottom. The thing that catches my eyes is the whites in the water are a bit on the hot or bright side; need to tone these down. The whites on the subject are in check...looking forward to your next one...good show, I do like the raised wing and the details...:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
12-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi James, like the pose, maybe a bit more canvas at the top. Agree with above comments and look forward to more.

Alfred Forns
12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Great comments Would move the little guy slightly down also !!! Love seen the Ross's come in for a landing, they seem to be more aerobatic than the Snow !!!