PDA

View Full Version : Spider in Leaf

Marina Scarr
12-03-2008, 09:01 AM
This was shot in a field at Myakka State Park at sunrise. The spider immediately caught my eye through the leaf, and the morning dew I felt added something special. What do you think?

Canon 40D, 300LF4 IS & 1.4 TC, extension tube, F14, 1/200sec ISO 250, full frame.

Thanks for looking.

Marina

Kaushik Balakumar
12-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Very well seen Marina. These are the scenes normally one would tend to overlook & pass by. The spider look a bit too small in the frame & I was wondering if you could get a further close-up (if that was feasible in field ofcourse) concentrating on the single section of the leaf on which the spider is present. This way, you would also be showing those beautiful dew drops on the edge of the leaf along with the spider's shadow on the leaf in this beautiful back-lit scenario.
Just my thoughts...

Julie Kenward
12-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Overall, I like your composition because of the way the leaves of the main plant are echoed in the ones below it but I do have to agree with Kaushik that if the spider is the main subject he could have been more prominent in the image. If the plant itself is the focus then I'd say well done! You got a nice crisp image with a beautiful BG and the colors are all very complimentary. It's pleasing to look at and I find it intriguing.

Mike Moats
12-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey Marina, very good eye to spot this. I would use the burn tool to darken the spiders body and make it stand out a little more on the leaf.

Stu Bowie
12-07-2008, 02:18 AM
I would have liked to have seen the spider closer too. Still lovely detail shown on the rest of the image too. Well spotted and captured Marina.