PDA

View Full Version : Immature Galacious Gull

Monte Brown
12-02-2008, 08:59 PM
This was taken during an Alaskan Beat Boat tour in early September 2008. The weather was overcast and Art was throwing chum overboard to attract the birds.

Gus Cobos
12-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi Monte,
Welcome to the BPN family...I like your capture and composition. I like the banking turn. The bird looks a bit on the soft side. He could use a bit more room to the right of the frame, it feel tight. the eye is out of focus, and the colors look a bit flat. I am also seeing what appears to be concentric circles in the background. Is this some type of water mark in bedded in the image or a post processing artifact? It would be beneficial to include the exif information so that we could better help you, and get a better idea of what transpired in the image...looking forward to your next capture...:cool:

Lance Peters
12-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Hi Monte - another big welcome to the BPN family - agree with Gus - posting the full capture info will certainly assist everyone to assist you. Things you should include are..

Camera make and Model
Lens Used and Focal Length
Fstop
Shutter speed
Metering Mode
ISO
Whether you used a tripod

If you dont know this - you can usually get this info in windows explorer - right click on the file - goto properties - then click on details - its called exif data, I have checked the file you have here - the exif data is empty.

what work if any you did in post processing.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Alfred Forns
12-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Big Warm Welcome Monte !!!!

Must be a treat having someone do the chumming !!!! If the birds do come close which they usually do you will be photographing with a short lens and plenty dof for making some fine images. Do give yourself a chance and make may for choosing. Wing position makes all the difference and hovering would be the ultimate !! Fully agree with Gus and his assessment and don't forget the suggested exif info !!! Looking forward to many more !!!