PDA

View Full Version : Little Blue Heron & reflection

Steve Maxson
12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
I liked the reflection and the water textures on this one. There is one plume that dips into the water at an odd angle. I debated cloning it. Opinions? 20D, 500 f/4 +1.4X, 1/350, f/6.7, ISO 400. Comments are welcome.

Daniel Cadieux
12-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Indeed you have some nice texture in the water, and the reflection looks good. I would definitely clone out that plume...and maybe also the two bubbles in front. Was a lower angle possible?

Alfred Forns
12-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Can add I would like seeing more room behind the bird !!! btw I was also torn with the low angle but might kill the reflection !!! Sweet light on that bird !!!

Steve Maxson
12-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the comments, Daniel and Alfred. I was not able to achieve a lower angle for this image. Also, had I been able to get lower, the background would have been a tidal mud flat. :)

Fabs Forns
12-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I'd get rid of the plume in a heartbeat. The straight vertical clashes with the circles. Beautiful reflection, even better than the real bird :)
Agree on more room at the left, because the tail of the bird is too close to the border.
Keep them coming!

Rich Ikerd
12-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Excellent reflection image Steve - beautiful light and textures on the water and an almost perfect reflection with a lot of detail. The others have covered the recommendations. Other than those minor things, great image.