PDA

View Full Version : Auto resize problem when uploading images

Charl Steyn
12-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure where to post this question, so please feel free to redirect if needed.
The last few times I've tried to upload an image it gets automatically resized. (from approx. 200kb to between 40 and 60 kb) I cannot seem to find the setting to prevent this.
Tried it from home and at work, Vista and XP, and both does the same thing.
Anybody got any suggestions?

Alfred Forns
12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi Charl Got the post moved to Digital Workflow !!

Not sure if I understand the question. You have it in your computer ready to upload at 200kb and its being resized ? Is this happening uploading to our site?
Let me know and will solve the mystery !!!

Rich Ikerd
12-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I've just encountered a similar problem in trying to upload an image (157KB in size). Kept getting a "upload failed" message until I reduced the size to 60KB. Thought it was me just not remembering how to upload an image since I have done it in so long, but reducing the size seemed to work. I didn't experience the auto-resize feature Charl encountered, but something similar. Thought you just might like to know there seems to be some other problems out there as well.

Charl Steyn
12-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi Alfred, thanks for the quick response. Yes, I've got the images resized and sharpened ready to go. When I use the upload feature from the 'post new thread' link it does so, but then shows the uploaded image size to be much smaller. When using the 'preview post', it also shows the much smaller sized and as a result much poorer image. I've tried a few times over the past few days, from 2 different computers and with different images, and it happens everytime.

James Shadle
12-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Hick ups from the upgrade.
I'll work on it!
James

Chris Starbuck
12-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Haven't encountered the resizing problem (yet), but have gotten frequent "upload failed" messages in the last few days. I thought it was something on my end, so just kept retrying the upload and eventually it worked - sometimes took 3 tries.

John Chardine
12-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Me too on the "upload failed" observation, but it did go through eventually.

I have noticed several posts recently with images weighing in at 60-90k and I assumed it was the poster saving at some really high jpeg compression. An alternative is that they have been unknowingly experiencing this problem with automatic resizing.

ChasMcRae
12-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I also received download failed several times in the last couple of days, but did get it to go through the 2nd or 3rd time.
No problems today. Also no resizing problems.
Interesting.

Chas.

Gus Hallgren
12-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Same as James . . . with size & failed to upload . . . No problems now . . .

Search, "No Token" still the same.

Happy camper

Uncle Gus

Charl Steyn
12-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I have posted an image in the 'Avian wild and free' forum to illustrate this problem. I wish it can be resolved and would like to know if I am doing something wrong. Thanks

William Malacarne
12-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Charl

Mine is showing a thumb but when I place the mouse cursor over the thumb it then enlarges to posted size. I am using Firefox 3.0.4.

Bill

Gus Hallgren
12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
With new format, if you are slow to click on thumbnail,( do a cursor over), you will get an inferior picture with black BG and standard size, if you click right away you will a good quality picture the size you posted. If you click the small paper clip on right side of title page you will get exactly what you uploaded
and any other uploads to thread

I posted captures and explanations on "Eager to learn", top thread

Gus Hallgren

Search is now working . . .

michael
12-20-2008, 06:24 AM
I am experiencing the same thing, when I upload an image of say 195kb, I find that the size of the image that is uploaded is around 50kb, I thought that it as due to my inexperience.

Michael