PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly at Callaway

Stan Hoyt
01-18-2008, 10:03 AM
10D 300/4 f4.5 1/45 iso 400 Callaway Gardens, GA

This image was taken in the butterfly house, which is a simply amazing place. Nothing special, but I like the colors and the bold wing pattern.

Matthew Pugh
01-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi
Considering this was taken at F4 I think you have performed a great job of paralleling this chap to the film plane.
A bit more DOF would have probably been the ideal for the subject, but I can understand that the adverse background effect induced by stopping down would probably have outweighed any good aspects achieved by this
You have certainly caught some really nice looking subtle colours and values upon this little one - I enjoy the view anyway
All the best
Matthew

Alfred Forns
01-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I like the balance of color front and back Wish the red had extended to replace the white Very appealing as presented

Mike Moats
01-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey Stan, I like the comp, but red is such a stong color that it tends to overpower the white and pull my eye away from the main subject. I get caught myself from time to time wraped up in the main subject and losing site on the BG colors. Excellent details.

Stan Hoyt
01-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the comments. It is easy to not pay sufficient attention to the background. I could easily have gotten a bit lower to extend the reds into the LR corner. Easy then, not so easy now.