http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_V2C0664.jpg

Canon 1D Mk3, Canon 16-35 Mk2, f/8, ISO 400, f/, 1/1250, -2/3 EV, handheld

C&C welcome

Thanks for looking

Tom

Roman Kurywczak
12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi Tom,
I looked at this one for a while.........because I struggled with the FG pebbles........they were OK......but maybe the lack of sharpness.......or maybe the lack of a prominant area.......is what threw me. I find the rest very pleasing compositionally........and you could easily crop the FG out........but as we have discussed before..........this is very subjective.........so I will wait for others to chime in also on the FG pebbles...........that notwithstanding...........you have exposed and composed this very well. I do have a question.......did you explore the rock wall on the left more???.......or did it become uninteresting???

Robert Amoruso
12-02-2008, 08:05 PM
I looked at this one right after lunch but did not have time to critique but did a crop then and fond that I preferred the rocks removed from the FG. I cropped right to where they become submerged. The composition is well done and I think that crop strengthens it.

Paul Marcellini
12-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I like a crop up to the reflection of the wall. Personally, I feel there is too much empty space between the sky and its reflection on the left. If only there had a been a cloud. I think the crop helps that and strengthens the comp of a very nice scene. It also puts the wall close to the corner, giving a nice diagonal into the scene.

Tom Dolezal
12-03-2008, 12:43 PM
I looked at this one right after lunch but did not have time to critique but did a crop then and fond that I preferred the rocks removed from the FG. I cropped right to where they become submerged. The composition is well done and I think that crop strengthens it.

Again many thanks Robert for your valued comments and suggestions which are very much appreciated.

Is this your interpretation of the crop you suggest:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_V2C0664-1.jpg

Tom

Tom Dolezal
12-03-2008, 12:46 PM
I like a crop up to the reflection of the wall. Personally, I feel there is too much empty space between the sky and its reflection on the left. If only there had a been a cloud. I think the crop helps that and strengthens the comp of a very nice scene. It also puts the wall close to the corner, giving a nice diagonal into the scene.

Many many thanks for your comments and suggestion which are very much appreciated and valued,

Is this your perception of the crop you suggested:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_V2C0664-2.jpg

Tom

Tom Dolezal
12-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi Tom,
I looked at this one for a while.........because I struggled with the FG pebbles........they were OK......but maybe the lack of sharpness.......or maybe the lack of a prominant area.......is what threw me. I find the rest very pleasing compositionally........and you could easily crop the FG out........but as we have discussed before..........this is very subjective.........so I will wait for others to chime in also on the FG pebbles...........that notwithstanding...........you have exposed and composed this very well. I do have a question.......did you explore the rock wall on the left more???.......or did it become uninteresting???

Many thanks Roman for your valued comments which are very much appreciate. As you can see there are a couple of fg crop edits now posted.

Interesting thought about the wall. I had actually taken some more around that spot, some of which are closer to the LH wall - on checking those images I felt that the wall reflection was starting to dominate the scene at the expense of the mountain reflection on the RH.

There is alot of varying tones and textures in that wall which are also reflected so perhaps I should look at those again with a view making the wall as the primary subject.

Tom