PDA

View Full Version : Morning blast off

JP Bruce
12-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Cold morning at Bosque - Canon 40D, 17-85 at 17, 1/50 at f4 ISO 1600 with tripod.

Fabs Forns
12-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Nice birdscape from Bosque. It could use some saturation and a bit of noise reduction on the sky. I would probably crop some off the bottom to get the horizon off center and a stronger composition. You could also apply some more black to the blacks in Selective color.

Keep them coming!

Rene' Villela
12-02-2008, 04:25 AM
Birdscape? I gotta look it up! :)

Lovely JP! Just for the record, what birds are they? Another silly question, when you guys say Bosque, Uhmmm! Is there like an specific place you are referring? Thanks for showing us! Cheers!

JP Bruce
12-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Birdscape? I gotta look it up! :)

Lovely JP! Just for the record, what birds are they? Another silly question, when you guys say Bosque, Uhmmm! Is there like an specific place you are referring? Thanks for showing us! Cheers!

These are snow geese. They all take off at once in the dawn. Awsome site.

Bosque is Bosque Del Apache National Wildlife Refuge located in New Mexico. It is famous for Sandhill cranes, geese and other birds that winter there as well as having beautiful light and backgrounds. The refuge is located close to San Antonio, New Mexico.

Rene' Villela
12-02-2008, 10:05 AM
JP.... Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure if you were talking about the wildlife refuge.