PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Sunset

Marina Scarr
12-01-2008, 10:20 PM
This was shot during last light last weekend from a swamp in the Everglades.

Canon 40D, 24-105L, 67mm, F4, 1/6sec, ISO 400, ND filter, tripod, full frame.

C & C welcome, and thank you for looking.

Marina

Kaushik Balakumar
12-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Simple & very beautiful. Very well 'seen' & captured. Love the large proportion of the tree in front as against the smaller ones at the back. Lovely colours in sky.

Robert Amoruso
12-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi Marina, nice to see you posting here.

I agree with Kaushik's assessment. Only thing I would suggest here is that walking right might have positioned the BG trees all along the horizon and then you would not have had that one area to the left of the tall tree w/o the BG trees. If your are OK with such things, you could clone in some areas with trees here. It is a minor issue and this image is very well done. Thanks for posting.

Roman Kurywczak
12-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi Marina,
i will offer another suggestion simply for you to explore next time out...........as I think this is very well done! .........try positioning the larger tree a bit more right....in the ROT position.........to further strenghten a lovely comp. Again......beautiful colors and nicely isolated on the trees.

Paul Marcellini
12-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey Marina, it was great meeting you the other day. You got some good suggestions already. I really like this and its simplicity. It also reminds me you can make nice images when the skies are clear. =)