PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Anyone ?

James Boland
12-01-2008, 09:53 PM
The sea gull was just far enough away not to be caught but close enough to aggravate the stew out of this Osprey. EOS 40D, hand held 500mm lens. The drama unfolded at Black Point Drive, Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge this morning.

Jim

Dave Leroy
12-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Jim,

Three is definitely a crowd in the photo. Very nice capture. Too bad the gull's head was not turned just a tad more and we could see the eye. Life on the edge. Well done.

Dave

Lance Peters
12-02-2008, 01:44 AM
hi James - love the action - looks a little soft - posting your full shoot details helps everyone give you idea's on how to improve. Also it is only 65KB - you can post upto 200KB which will also help.

looking forward to seeing more.

James Boland
12-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks. Will include shot details in the future. Thanks also for th kb info. I have been working on sizing and not paying attention to the kbs.

Alfred Forns
12-02-2008, 08:13 AM
HI James

We got some tutorial for sizing, do use save for web which will give the best results !!

Never seen action like that at Black Point !!! As presented I would corp from the top and do a little work on the eye !! Can bring some of the yellow and sharpen. Not sure about the shutter speed but might be some blur motion. Can also go in and clean the bg grass merging with the head !! Really nice !!!

Gus Cobos
12-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi James,
I like the capture, great action here. My suggestions would be to lighten the eye just a tad and selective sharpen it, in addition, You need to take a tad off the top and from the bottom, to make it a tighter pano crop...good show...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

James Boland
12-02-2008, 12:18 PM
There could be some blur as big lens was hand held. I'll apply your suggestions.

Jackie Schuknecht
12-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Good action capture here James. Tells a story. Would be tempted to tone down the whites and the image is a little soft. Not sure of your shutter or ISO on this one.