PDA

View Full Version : Sunset and shadows

gary rouleau
12-01-2008, 09:44 PM
I was hiking the Sandia mountains at sunset hoping for something to photograph. Then this play of shadows and sunset light bathed the mountains. Soon it was dark with a long hike back.

Canon 50D
Lens 28-135mm at 70mm
!/200 at f/16
ISO 320
hand held and freezing.

gary

Roman Kurywczak
12-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey Gary,
Very interesting light. A few things........looks like you have a S/H edge on the darker area of the mtn.....so you need to feather it a bit more.......fo me, I would crop just above the lower shadow.....and on the left where the tree juts in.........this emphasizes the V of the mtn and the diagonal of the mtns from the left...........and eliminates all the distractions from the seeet light. Looks like the effort paid off nicely. Well done!

Robert Amoruso
12-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Gary,

Look at this one this morning, felt it needed a crop but unsure how. I think Roman captured it well above.

The light to dark drama of the image is very cool. The shadow on the right was just too large and drew me in. Roman's crop would lessen that area.

Paul Marcellini
12-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Wow, very cool play of light. Almost looks like a night shot with a halogen on those mountains. There is some weird artifacts around the top of the left peak. I also like Roman's crop idea.