PDA

View Full Version : KSC Sunrise

Layton E Parham
12-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Sunrise at the Kennedy Space Center.
Canon Eos 1D Mark III, 70-200 F2.8@75mm, F8, Iso800, 1/2000 sec, manual mode

Kaushik Balakumar
12-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Liked the colours in this image. The reflection of the tree in front & the birds look beautiful. However I am not too sure about the sun. Might either 1) exclude it out totally by cropping from left of the frame or 2) bring sun further inside the frame by providing more space on the left & a wee bit on top (if it was possible to do so in field).
Just my thoughts... :)

Robert Amoruso
12-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi Layton,

Was this taken this past weekend on Saturday morning? I was out there but different location and got that sun and cloud (small in your image) with the 600mm - that cloud was on fire.

Anyway, I agree with Kaushik. Cropping out the sun from the left and cloud from the top balances the image out nicely by pushing the FG mangrove left and allowing the birds and smaller BG mangroves to balance with the large FG mangrove. Well seen are the possibilities and a bit of crop will bring it together.

Roman Kurywczak
12-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Hey Layton,
I really like the colors on this and the way you seperated the larger mangrove. I also agree with the others on the crop........what you lose from the image is gained back in a stronger comp.