PDA

View Full Version : Cactus Wren

Mark Schmitt
12-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Cactus wrens. Wasn't sure what to do with the crop on this. I would like to have included more of the Joshua tree to get a perspective in size comparison but then the birs would appear too small. Went with a long hoizontal because the birds are facing in opposing directions. Would like just a little more eye contact, but I can live with this. This is a bird with a social nature and has a very distinctive vocalization. It's habitat is of the more austure kind...very hot.

EXIF:
Camera: Canon 20D
Lense: Canon EF 500 IS L @ f 4.0
Mode: apeture priority
Exposure: 1/800 @ f 9.0, exp. comp. -.33, ambient light
ISO: custom - 5500K
Monopod: Gitzo

Maxis Gamez
12-01-2008, 10:20 PM
HI Mark,

This is very interesting. Great exposure and BG. The crop works well for me but I wish the perch was not touching the bottom of the frame.

Thanks!

James Fuller
12-01-2008, 10:31 PM
I like the mood of the image. It looks like they are giving each other the silent treatment.

Aidan Briggs
12-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Wonderful BG. Great job getting both of them in the frame. I would also wish for a bit more eye contact, but that is minor.

Rich Ikerd
12-02-2008, 02:53 PM
The opposing poses are what really makes this image special Mark. I like the crop that you've presented, though, like Maxis, providing a little more room on the bottom would take away the one nit of the image. Nicely captured.