PDA

View Full Version : Shadows on Road

ChasMcRae
12-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Not sure if this fits landscapes in the usual term, but it caught my eye. One of the most unusual fences I have seen surrounded the Prairie Dog colony in Wichita NWR,Ok. and created these shadows in early morning.

Chas.

amera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark II
Camera serial number: 0000241625
Firmware: Firmware Version 1.2.6
Date/Time: 2008:11:06 10:12:28
Shutter speed: 1/640 sec
Aperture: 8
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1/3
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Evaluative
Drive mode: Continuous
ISO: 400
Lens: 600mm
Focal length: 840mm
AF mode: One-shot AF
Image size: 3504 x 2336
Image quality: Raw
White balance: Auto
Color matrix 4: Adobe RGB
Color space: AdobeRGB
Saturation: Normal
Contrast: 0
Custom Functions:
Default settings

Roman Kurywczak
12-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey Chas,
I find this interesting and you composed very well with nice seperation between the shadow areas. I would recommend cropping out the bright curved area off the top (doesn't clip the top shadow)........and maybe a bit off the bottom......just above your signature........to further strenghten the comp. There is a rock about 2/3 of the way up the right side.......my choice is the crop......to get rid of it.......but cloning/healing brush..........to get rid of it.......wouldn't hurt either........if you aren't against such things. I am still debating the tire tracks....as part of me likes it and another part wants you to smooth them out. We'll see what others chime in. Nicely seen!

Robert Amoruso
12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Nice job seeing this image Chuck. I agree that a tighter crop would accentuate the pattern more. I vote for cloning out the tire tracks.

denise ippolito
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't know the shadow pattern looks like race flags and the tire tracks help w/ that feel

ChasMcRae
12-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I looked at the tire tracks and afraid that big clone or patch might stick out like a sore thumb in my hands so let it stay ,since I acknowledged ground as a road. I did mean to get rid of the rock.
Thanks for comments.

Chas.

Robert Amoruso
12-02-2008, 08:10 PM
I looked at the tire tracks and afraid that big clone or patch might stick out like a sore thumb in my hands so let it stay ,since I acknowledged ground as a road. I did mean to get rid of the rock.
Thanks for comments.

Chas.

I am cool with that. Still a great job seeing the pattern here and capturing it. I did not notice it when I was there.