PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Beauty

Art Kornienko
12-01-2008, 05:48 PM
20D + 300 F4LIS + 1.4 at 5.6. :)

Julie Kenward
12-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Art, this is really beautiful! The composition feels a little top heavy with the butterfly so close to the top of the frame but I think if you clipped a bit off the bottom it would even it out a bit. I could see if you were leaving that much room at the bottom because you wanted to get the entire branch in the frame but seeing as you took it out of frame, I'd say cut some from the bottom.

I love the BG to this image - the colors really compliment the colors of the butterfly's wings. As for the insect, you got a nice position and good lighting. I can see good detail throughout but I think a little more sharpening on the butterfly itself would help it stand out even more. Overall it's a beautiful image and you should be very happy with the final result!

Kaushik Balakumar
12-02-2008, 05:56 AM
Lovely image Art. Liked the composition here (with perhaps requiring a wee bit of space in left & some on top of the frame). The beautiful curving perch is what caught my attention immediately; love that perch I shud say. And what a smooth bokeh to go with !
However, the butterfly seems a bit soft on my monitor. Perhaps some sharpening might help...?

Ed Vatza
12-02-2008, 06:27 AM
I have to agree with Kaushik on this one. I think the perch and background are terrific. I think it could use a bit more room and the butterfly particularly around the head looks soft to me, Finally, you may want to crop from the bottom and make it a square image as that would keep the best of the perch and make the butterfly even more dominant in the composition.

Aristotle Georgiou
12-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Excellent composition, beautiful coloured BG and would like to have seen the end of the perch, if not possible I would suggest cloning out a tad of the perch to balance this already fine image.

Mike Moats
12-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey Art, I think it works well, like the comp and nice details. Great looking BG.