PDA

View Full Version : WATCHING GREY HERON

christopher galeski
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
TOOK THIS SHOT EARLY IN THE MORNING,THE SUN HED NOT YET SHOWED ITS SELF,BUT WAS JUST COLORING THE SKY WHICH WAS REFLECTING IN THE WATER.CANNON 40D 400MM PRIME LENS,ON TRIPOD.1/250SEC,F6.3, ISO800.THANKS.FOR SOME REASON THE WATER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PICTURE AFTER UPLOADING,LOOKS ABIT HOT,BUT MY ORIGINAL FILE LOOKS OK.

Tony Whitehead
12-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Another good heron image, Chris. The head angle works with this view from the back. I would probably crop in a bit tighter to reduce the bright area in the foreground and clone out some of the bright spots on the water. A little more sharpening around the head and eye would be good and I would try and post closer to the 200KB limit to maximise image quality. Keep them coming :)

christopher galeski
12-01-2008, 01:19 PM
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS TONY,BUT I AM NEW TO THIS,AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO POST A HIGHER KB.THANKS.

Axel Hildebrandt
12-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Nice pose, setting and details. I would crop a bit off top and bottom. When you save the image you can set the quality and you should see how much space it requires at a particular setting.

Tony Whitehead
12-01-2008, 07:44 PM
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS TONY,BUT I AM NEW TO THIS,AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO POST A HIGHER KB.THANKS.
I think Axel has covered this, Chris. I assume you are preparing images in Photoshop - resize, sharpen, profile sRGB and save as jpg - in the dialog box that comes up you can select a quality setting and this gives you file size for the image - choose the quality setting that gives a file size just under 200KB. PM me if I am not explaining this clearly enough.

Raymond Barlow
12-01-2008, 08:58 PM
very nice scene., i would crop it differently, but I like it.