PDA

View Full Version : Moonrise Two Texas

ChasMcRae
11-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Moonrise over edge of Palo Duro Canyon, Texas with thready clouds partially covering moon.

Chas.
ile size: 183KB
Camera Model: Canon EOS 40D
Camera serial number: 1120719490
Firmware: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Date/Time: 2008:11:13 20:07:17
Shutter speed: 2 sec
Aperture: 16
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Lens: 100 to 400mm
Focal length: 400mm
Subject distance: 655 m
Image size: 800 x 533
Rotation: none
White balance: Auto
Color space: AdobeRGB
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Contrast: Normal

Robert Amoruso
11-30-2008, 09:31 PM
A bit later on the moonrise then your previous post. I think this one I would go with the crop for the moon. I like the eerie color in the rocks but the dark bushes at distracting to me here. Moon and sky colors are very cool and that is what I would concentrate on. Thanks for posting Chuck.

denise ippolito
11-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Robert, Where exactly would you crop this? I think the sky colors and moon are awesome!

ChasMcRae
11-30-2008, 11:41 PM
After looking at this with input ,I sort of agree strength is with the moon and the areas around it.

The strength with this site is input from others which proves very helpful with me either neg or positive.

Thanks
Chas.

Kaushik Balakumar
12-01-2008, 05:15 AM
Beautiful moody image. Personally I liked the composition but feel that the image lacks sharpness. Not sure if it is because of my monitor...

ChasMcRae
12-01-2008, 03:15 PM
The pic is not tack sharp . I was shooting trying to get some detail in the wall at 2 sec -f16 in blowing cold wind.
No excuse and in retrospect if I were there again I would drop the height of the tripod to try to get rid of wind effect and put more weight on tripod camera combination.
Thanks for looking and commenting.

Chas.

Roman Kurywczak
12-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi Chas,
I was going to comment on the sharpness of the FG........so thanks for the explanation. I do like my 100-400mm lens........but at f16........it is not it's strong suit. As Robert mentioned...........the sky and colors of the clouds are excellent..........and because you composed at 400mm..........the comp is also great! The lack of sharpness......because of the lens or the height of the tripod.....is the main drawback.........so what I am saying in essence is; very well though out and composed..........a different lens choice if possible.........may have been the way to go..........or as you suggested........lower the tripod..........either way........you are thinking and composing images very well........that is more than half the battle. Hope you get more opportunities at this location.

ChasMcRae
12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I have a love-hate relationship with my 100-400 mm Canon lens and the explanation is too long and too convoluted to consider.

Chas.