11-30-2008, 02:01 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_MG_8985-Edit.jpg

Technical: Canon 20D, Sigma 12-24, ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/320, -2/3 EV, hanheld

C&C Welcome

Thanks for looking

Chris Starbuck
11-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Tom,
I really like this one. Beautiful scene, very well composed. Great light and color palette. I rather like the somewhat muted colors as presented, but wondered what it would look like with just a liitle contrast boost. I did a local contrast enhancement (USM at 25/30/0, luminosity blending mode at 70% opacity, with the "blend if" sliders set to protect the highlights and shadows), then selected highlights (CTRL-ALT-2 in CS4, CTRL-ALT-~ in prior versions), copied to a new layer (CTRL-J), and set it to multiply at 25% opacity - this to darken the sky, mainly. What do you think?

Robert Amoruso
11-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Detail in the peaks brought out nicely int he repost.

Great composition and I like how you left the creek bed at the lower part of the frame Tom. Helps to make the leading line of the river that much stronger. Your vantage point was perfect to have the river leading right to the BG peak.

Roman Kurywczak
12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey Tom,
I'm debating the left side pine.......for me a crop of it would definitely help..........but as we all know........this is subjective. As Robert mentioned.........you have a very nice composition with the river providing a very nice leading line. I think Chris brought out a nice amount of detail with his PP and it is worth exploring. Very nicely and composed on your part.

Tom Dolezal
12-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey Tom,
I'm debating the left side pine.......for me a crop of it would definitely help..........but as we all know........this is subjective. As Robert mentioned.........you have a very nice composition with the river providing a very nice leading line. I think Chris brought out a nice amount of detail with his PP and it is worth exploring. Very nicely and composed on your part.

Thanks Roman for your comments and suggestion which is very much appreciated and valued.

As mention a crop is always subjective and to personal taste. I feel that if a LH crop was done to loose that pine, the feel of the flow of the river around that bend starts to would diminish which would be to the detrement of the image. I will try it though and see the resulys.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
12-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Detail in the peaks brought out nicely int he repost.

Great composition and I like how you left the creek bed at the lower part of the frame Tom. Helps to make the leading line of the river that much stronger. Your vantage point was perfect to have the river leading right to the BG peak.

Many thanks Robert for your valued comments which, as always, are very much appreciated.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
12-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Tom,
I really like this one. Beautiful scene, very well composed. Great light and color palette. I rather like the somewhat muted colors as presented, but wondered what it would look like with just a liitle contrast boost. I did a local contrast enhancement (USM at 25/30/0, luminosity blending mode at 70% opacity, with the "blend if" sliders set to protect the highlights and shadows), then selected highlights (CTRL-ALT-2 in CS4, CTRL-ALT-~ in prior versions), copied to a new layer (CTRL-J), and set it to multiply at 25% opacity - this to darken the sky, mainly. What do you think?

Many thanks Chris for your kind words and taking the time to do an edit - very much appreciated.

I am always a great believer in different eyes seeing different things. I think it is a fine edit - and thanks for saying how you achieved that look. I liked the way that in my edit your eyes were drawn up along the river through the muted colours ti the sunlight area of the bg mountain peek.

I feel a some of that sense is now gone in the mid ground in your edit whereas you have brought more light to the bg mountains and maybe just the bg mountain edit would work with the fg and mid ground of mine.

Tom