PDA

View Full Version : Mulla mulla

John Cooper
01-18-2008, 03:37 AM
Spring time in the north of Western Australia. The Mulla mulla flowers came in a variety of colours - this one is my favourite.

Canon EOS 10, Canon 17-40mm lens at 20mm, polarizer, F22, Tripod, late afternoon.

Robert Amoruso
01-18-2008, 02:44 PM
John,

You did a nice job here accentuating depth in the image using the FG flowers, MG trees and BG mountains. In the FG, you can clone out (or re-compose in field) to get rid of the tops of the cropped flowers.

I would suggest you try a reverse "s" curve to see if reducing global contrast is effective and then doing some local contrast enhancement to make it pop. I am writing an article on this for the Digital Photography Forum here so look for it. A little too wordy to get into now. Keep an eye out for it.

BTW: I do like high-contrast scenes and here I like it. However, I will do this procedure to see if I prefer a reduction in global contrast. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It is something too try out.

John Cooper
01-18-2008, 05:47 PM
John,

You did a nice job here accentuating depth in the image using the FG flowers, MG trees and BG mountains. In the FG, you can clone out (or re-compose in field) to get rid of the tops of the cropped flowers.

I would suggest you try a reverse "s" curve to see if reducing global contrast is effective and then doing some local contrast enhancement to make it pop. I am writing an article on this for the Digital Photography Forum here so look for it. A little too wordy to get into now. Keep an eye out for it.

BTW: I do like high-contrast scenes and here I like it. However, I will do this procedure to see if I prefer a reduction in global contrast. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It is something too try out.

Thanks for the tips Robert - some good points as usual from you!

D. Robert Franz
01-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I was wondering about the contrrast as well. I'm looking forward to Roberts article. I might also see a bit more room above the tree seems a bit crowded there. A beautiful image...