PDA

View Full Version : Motif: Water - "Croton River"

Gus Cobos
11-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Motif: Water - "Croton River"

Note: This image was painted on my last trip to The Big Apple. This is the majestic beauty of the Croton River on The Hudson; located in Up State New York.

Image Solution:

Light Box: Nikon D200
Glass: Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S DX
Focal length: 24mm
Exposure mode: aperture priority
Exposure time: 1/45sec.
Aperture size: f/16
Metering mode: matrix
ISO factor: 200
White balance: auto
AF – mode: AF- single
Exposure comp: -0.3EV
Tone comp: +1 degree
Hue adjustment: +1 degrees
Saturation factor: +2 degrees
Color space: sRGB
Lighting solution: no speedlight – ambient light
Support platform: no tripod – hand held, sitting on a rock, bracing camera on my knees.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Richard Waas
11-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Gus, I love it. Just the right amount of blur on the water and the green in the water is beautiful. Congrats.....

denise ippolito
11-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Gus, This is very nice- I too like the colors in the water -they compliment the rock colors nicely-I love the milky white water

SeanKP
11-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Oh wow Gus, that's a beauty. As Richard says, you have just the blur on the water is spot on, just enough to blur it and give it that dream-like quality ut not too much to make it look unreal. Fabulous job.

Cheers.

Sean

Alfred Forns
11-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Just perfect shutter speed Gus !!! Love the quality of the water and the rocks are just right !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
11-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Love the colours in the water. especially when it goes over the rocks. Like your SS of 1/45 just leaving enough motion in the water to suggest its' power.

Harold Davis
11-30-2008, 11:23 AM
the framing is perfect!!!!!! and the water blur is sweet too. nice mood you set here. really nice!!!