PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret

Alfred Forns
11-29-2008, 10:30 PM
From todays outing with the gang at Long Key !! Several form the local BPN crowd gathered at the rookery for some flight photography. I'm sure some will be posted in the next couple of days.

I was trying to catch a bird flying through clouds and got this one. My favorite was against a colorful cloud but is not critically sharp. For these you can play around with the bg exposure for different effects, here I went with zero comp to reproduce the cloud and had to use flash for the bird.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Nikon D3
300 f4.0
f 8.0 1/250 sec
ISO 640
Manual metering off cloud
Flash -1

Desmond Chan
11-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Very good sharpness and details, Al. I wish the flash light didn't look that hash though. Not sure if it could be done myself. The bird certainly stands out from the background. The way the cloud is, it looks like a bird is flying over a battlefield :)

Harold Davis
11-30-2008, 05:51 AM
i love the way that bg turned out!! super image! i will dl mine today and see if i got any keepers!!! sure was fun. must do it again soon!!!!

denise ippolito
11-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Alfred, I like your dark sky and the way you framed him in the shot.

SeanKP
11-30-2008, 07:47 AM
I love it Alfred. It makes for a very dramatic image. Head angle and wing position are splendid too.

Cheers.

Sean

Jackie Schuknecht
11-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Great shot Al, and the flash helped to seperate the legs on the birds from the sky. That is one nasty looking cloud. Great HA, wing spread, and details.

Gus Cobos
11-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi Mr. Al.
I knew that you nailed him just right, when you turned right and panned him all the way to the left using the dark cloud as a natural back drop. He was too fast for me. a big congrats maestro...I will post my two keepers out of 60 takes. They were coming in like fighter pilots...:eek: I like the details and landing angle on this one...good show...:):cool:

Nonda Surratt
11-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Neat, neat and neat!!!!

Oscar Zangroniz
11-30-2008, 01:57 PM
I like this one better Al. The black does it for me.