PDA

View Full Version : Hawk W/Snake

bill kominsky
11-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I was amazed at the agility of this RSH because the snake was wrapped around his right foot and he couldn't get a footing on the snag. But it was so like a Ballet Dancer and he never waivered and landed as gently as can be, there will be more in this series and please remember all comments and visits are very much appreciated, thank you all.
Canon 50-D - ISO=200 - f/5.6 1/200th of a sec. +0.3 and 700-MM. There were about 110-images of this Hawk in various stages, and will post a couple more if o.k. with everyone.

Doug Brown
11-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi Bill. Cool capture! I might be tempted to crop a bit off the right, because the bird is too centered in the frame. I think what this image needs most is a faster shutter speed. I almost never dip below ISO 400 when I'm photographing birds in general, and never when I'm photographing action. For action, I tend to live in the ISO 640-800 range.

Axel Hildebrandt
11-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Great moment captured, I like the raised wings and wish you would have been a bit to your right for less/no blockage. I agree regarding higher ISO and would sharpen more, the bird looks quite soft on my monitor.

Arthur Morris
12-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Interesting moment but way soft and way off light angle. Lots more sharpening on the face would help here.