PDA

View Full Version : Green Cay Update

Raul Quinones
11-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Went this morning for couple hours and it was great.
Egrets: Snowy and Great
Heron: Great Blue, Little Blue, Green, Tri-colored
Ducks: Blue-winged Teal, Mottled, Black-bellied whistling
Red-shouldered Hawk,Osprey, Double-crested cormorant, Anhinga, sora, purple gallinule, Common Moorhen, American coot, spoonbill (only 1), wood stork, limpkin, white ibis, glossy ibis, pied-billed grebe, belted kingfisher, red-bellied woodpecker, yellow-rumped warbler, palm warbler, common yellowthroat, gray catbird, blue jay, Eastern phoebe, northern mockingbird, grackle, red-winged black bird, snipe, mourning dove.

The only sad part I was not able to see the American bittern, which people claim to have seen the last couple days.

Saludos,
Raul

Judd Patterson
11-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Thank you Raul, for your great update on Green Cay! It does sound like you had a full morning following the birds. If you are after American Bittern, do keep Everglades in mind. There has been one or two along Anhinga Trail and I've spooked nearly half a dozen others up at random points along the park road.

I'm really glad to see several people providing updates on locations in the Southeast hope to see this continue. Thanks!!

Maxis Gamez
11-30-2008, 09:18 PM
HI Raul,

I have to take some time to visit that area in the near future. I thank you for taking the time to let us know!