PDA

View Full Version : firstlight HERON

christopher galeski
11-29-2008, 07:37 AM
TOOK THIS SHOT ON A MARSH NEAR SILVERDALE IN LANCASHIRE,VERY EARLY MORNING,THE LIGHT WAS JUST COMING THROUGH SOME BUSHES,AND CATCHING THE HERON AND TUFT OF GRASS.THANKS.

Daniel Cadieux
11-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Love it! The setting is very nice and I like the light catching the heron and tuft of garss behind it. I feel there is too much space above and for that reason may be tempted to crop above to just below the darker line (and a bit at right too to keep the same aspect ratio.) Great feel to this :-)

bill kominsky
11-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Agree with Daniel on this one but the space doesn't really bother me, great shot and very well captured.

Bill

Tony Whitehead
11-29-2008, 01:47 PM
This is beautiful, Chris. I love the spotlight effect. I agree with Dan that a crop would improve it but have taken it a bit tighter and burnt in the grass to isolate the light to the bird. Very well done to capture this lovely image.

Don Lacy
11-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Love the spot light on the bird with the dark BG adds drama to the image. Tony's repost really heightens that effect.

Juan Aragonés
11-30-2008, 06:19 AM
I like a lot the mood of this image, the relaxed grey heron in such a dark background and the golden grass behind the bird, really nice. I think that a panoramic composition (Cropping mostlin from the upper and lower parts in the frame) would produce a superb job. Please do not forget to include the technical details of the image (shutter speed, ISO, etc)

christopher galeski
11-30-2008, 07:46 AM
thankyou all,for your comments.I forgot to put the techs on,here they are.cannon 40d on tripod,400mm prime lens,1/400sec,f6.3,iso800,and a very nice early morning.thanks.