PDA

View Full Version : Primal Dawn

Kenn Christensen
01-18-2008, 01:08 AM
shot on the north shore of lake superior this summer in august just before sunrise.
tripod
1d mkII
1/4
iso 100
f11

D. Robert Franz
01-18-2008, 11:28 AM
A well composed lovely image. Great color and good FG to give a great feeling of depth. I wish there was just a bit of room to the left of the trees... Well done.....

Robert Amoruso
01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Very nice composition Kenn. You did well seeing the rocks on the lower right and how to use them to balance out the image. Nice detail in the shadows as well.

Travis Novitsky
02-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Nice photo, Kenn.....and I LOVE the location :-) Hee, hee....

Ditto Robert's comment about the rocks in the lower right...they work well to 'anchor' the image, helping make for a solid composition. That larger rock towards the lower left is nicely placed to adhere to the rule of thirds....however, I think it might have made for a slightly stronger composition if that rock were a little lower in the frame and we had a little bit more of that beautiful sky to look at. But, then....some of that lovely water would be lost.....

Travis Novitsky
02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I was looking at this again and had another suggestion, Kenn.....next time try f16 or f22 for better sharpness overall. I know every lens is different, but with mine I seem to get the best results on landscapes at either f16 or f22. Judging by how low the sun still is, however.....those apertures may have required you to use too long of a shutter speed than what you were wanting to use.