PDA

View Full Version : WMNWR - The Narrows

Chris Ober
11-28-2008, 11:24 AM
From down in The Narrows at the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. Even down in between the mountains, the wind was pretty strong.

18-55mm @ 18mm
1/15 sec, f/16
Exp comp: -2/3
ISO: 400

Roman Kurywczak
11-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Hi Chris,
Looks like an interesting place. I like the way the left side rocks frame the image nicely. You have a bunch of protrusions in the frame.........and cropping them off the bottom.......above the ligher green brush...........cutting the rock above it in half..........and definitely removing the entire brighter sky.........helps strenghten the comp considerably. I see a hint of the a brighter rock reflection....and i am wondering what more would offer.

Chris Starbuck
11-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Chris,
I agree with Roman's comments, including the crop suggestions; really like the comp, and a very pleasing scene. I think a local contrast enhancement would add a bit of pop.

Robert Amoruso
11-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Chris,

To bad I was not able to get to this location on the workshop. Good looking image and with Roman's suggestions, the comp will be strengthened. I like the subdued light and reflection so the crop at the top will better enhance the feel. Thanks for posting.