PDA

View Full Version : Kite (Japanese name: Tobi)

Rene' Villela
11-27-2008, 11:12 PM
This is I shot I took a few months back. I know the Japanese name is Tobi and when I looked on the dictionary it says Kite. I thought it would be good to share it with you!

Nikon D300 - (old) AF 300 f/4, AP f/8, 1/640 sec, ISO 400. I bit of cropping, Picture control changed on computer from vivid to standard.

What improvements do you suggest? Thanks a lot! cheers!

Alfred Forns
11-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi Rene

You got a good flight pose and the image is sharp. My biggest concern is the bg ... and btw is that a wall back there? not sure but if it is will need to move to the other bird gallery!!! Here a wide open setting would have rendered the bg smoother. As presented can select and blur to make it look as it was made wide open.

Overall is a very nice image with good feel ... just personal preference but feel the dark borders detract, might want to make the shadow light?

Stu Bowie
11-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Great angle of flight, and showing lovely feather detail. Well captured Rene.

Desmond Chan
11-28-2008, 05:04 PM
What improvements do you suggest?

Perhaps a little tweak on the contrast.

Nice capture !

Rene' Villela
11-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Alfred... Thank you for your comment! Before I started visiting BPN I never paid attention to the BG and that is why when I took that shot I had my lens stopped down. With your help from now on I will pay attention to it. Also I don't know how to blur the BG on PS! :) One more thing, the BG I think it was a tide breaker coz I was at the beach and here in Japan there is no beach without it. I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place and I don't know how to move it. If that is a problem any admi please feel free to delete the thread coz I already got a few good comments and that was the purpose of my thread! I apologize for that!

Stuart... Thank you for your kind words.

Desmond... As I said in the original post, I changed the picture control from vivid to standard. But I think you are right. I changed it back to vivid to repost. And as Alfred suggested I just got rid of the shadow frame. I hope it is better now.