PDA

View Full Version : Motif: Water - "Morning Coffee"

Gus Cobos
11-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Motif: Water – “Morning Coffee”

Techs: A Circular Polarizing filter was used at 75 percent capacity, to tone down the reflections from the speedlights and to give the image a warm silky, sheen. Image is under exposed on purpose to play on the contrast and shadows, establishing a magical balance and harmony between the three subjects.

This is how I jump-start my day. The image was painted with a Nikon D2x; using a Nikkor AF-S Macro 60mm f/2.8G IF-ED. and a 12mm extension tube.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 60mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/125sec. - f/16 / exposure comp @ -1.3EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ manual, custom profile using an expo disk for color calibration. / AF - mode @ manual / metering mode - combination of in camera matrix metering, and hand held spot meter, sampling three anchor points, for balanced light distribution. / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close speedlight system; both light units set to ¼ lumen burst with attached diffusers, and set to a wide dispersal pattern. / tone comp @ +2 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +4 degrees / support platform – tripod assist, with macro focusing rail, and a cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
11-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Very nice my friend. Excellent composition.
Have some info for you regarding your coffee table book.
Call me.

denise ippolito
11-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Guis, You have a way of making simple things look interesting. Well composed and love the angle!

Alfred Forns
11-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Nailed another Gus The coffee pouring is neat but so is the the composition using the three objects !!! Really good Gus !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
11-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Love it! The comp, the black BG, don't know how you got the pieces suspended in the air. Cool Gus.

Jerry van Dijk
11-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey Gus, you managed to make me smell coffee while there's none around! I'm left wondering how you managed to simultaniously pour coffee, milk and press the shutter button......
- Jerry -

Gus Cobos
11-28-2008, 05:15 PM
They tell me that I'm part magician Jerry...:eek::D:)...I was assisted by my wife Adriana, who has the patience of a Saint and also with additional Manfrotto support platforms and suspension arms.

Bruce Gove
11-28-2008, 05:57 PM
I really like your creativity here Gus. This is just a splendid image, Macro Man..

Bruce