PDA

View Full Version : Viewing posted image details

wendell westfall
11-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Often when I (or others) post an image, a friendly critic will comment on details of the post processing, histogram, etc. -- even sometimes doing a re-post with corrections. How is this done? What kind of software or procedure can be used to look at another's work in detail? (I can right click on some images and get a look at EXIF information, but that is not what I mean.) Hope I'm being clear on this . . .

Wendell

Alfred Forns
11-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Wendell the suggestions are based on the information given, f stop, shutter speed, ISO, exp comp etc From the way the image looks we have a good idea what the histogram looked like, we are not actually looking at it.

As far as the exif info I don't think I've tried even looking at one and for re posting Just copy image then open a blank in PS and paste. No software needed just good observations !!!

Chris Starbuck
11-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Wendell,
If you right-click on a posted image, then choose "Save image as...", pick a location (I usually use the desktop for this) and click OK, you then have your own local copy of the image. You can then open it in Photoshop (or whatever), at which point you can see the histogram, and try other adjustments, crops, etc. Back at BPN, when you're composing your reply to the thread, click on "Go Advanced". A new page will open that looks pretty much like the "new thread" page, including the "manage attachments" section, which allows you to upload the modified image along with your reply.

wendell westfall
11-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Alfred and Chris thanks for your prompt replies . . .

Robert Amoruso
11-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Wendell,
If you right-click on a posted image, then choose "Save image as...", pick a location (I usually use the desktop for this) and click OK, you then have your own local copy of the image. You can then open it in Photoshop (or whatever), at which point you can see the histogram, and try other adjustments, crops, etc. Back at BPN, when you're composing your reply to the thread, click on "Go Advanced". A new page will open that looks pretty much like the "new thread" page, including the "manage attachments" section, which allows you to upload the modified image along with your reply.

Chris,

Easier to Right Click on image, Copy, go to PS, In PS go to File | New and when the new blank image pops up, Ctrl-V to copy it in. What is nice about this is that the new blank image PS creates is sized for the image on the clipboard. So no need to save first to the computer.

wendell westfall
11-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Robert, got it . . . yep, that was easier for me . . .