PDA

View Full Version : Motif: Water - "Morning Bath"

Gus Cobos
11-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Motif: Water – “Morning Bath”

Techs: A Circular Polarizing filter was used at 25 percent capacity, to tone down the excess reflections and to give the image a subtle steamy, silky, rich glow on the reflections from the shampoo bottles and bath paraphernalia in the tub.

This is the first thing I see in the morning, when I’m half asleep; trying to jump-start my day; followed by a hot cup of coffee. The image was painted with a Nikon D200; using a Nikkor AF-S Macro 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED. and a 12mm extension tube.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/60sec. - f/2.8 / exposure comp @ -2.7EV / ISO @ 100 / white balance @ manual, custom profile using an expo disk for color calibration. / AF - mode @ manual / metering mode - combination of in camera matrix metering, and hand held spot meter, sampling three anchor points, for balanced light distribution. / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close up speedlight system; both light units set to ¼ lumen burst with attached diffusers, and set to a wide dispersal pattern. / tone comp @ +0 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degrees / saturation factor @ +1 degrees / support platform – tripod assist, with macro focusing rail, and a cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

denise ippolito
11-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Gus , The water looks cool as heck!! How did you get it to look like that? The reflection colors are great!

Oscar Zangroniz
11-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Another winner my friend. Added to the book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desmond Chan
11-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Gus, is that you in the reflection? :D

Harold Davis
11-27-2008, 09:54 AM
that is some funky cool looking water. is it me or does the bg need a little NR?

Nonda Surratt
11-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Just nuts Gus:D Quite cool..Agree with Mr H on the noise

Alfred Forns
11-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Gus you do have one amazing imagination !!!! Love this image !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
11-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Well what are you up to now Gus.:) I would like to know how the water got to look that way too! You must have added noise because I don't think you'd be getting it at 100! :cool: