View Full Version : Brown Creeper

mikedelaney
11-26-2008, 06:30 AM
canon 40D
sigma 50-500mm
f 6.3
1/80 s.
ISO800

i'm sorry about the shutter speed, but it was cloudy and against the dark bark of the tree i ended up with it.
i haven't seen a brown creeper in about a year so it was a treat.:o

Gus Cobos
11-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Hi Mike,
The bird is tight in frame on the top, no room for the bill, this would have been better with a vertical crop. Also the subject is a bit on the soft side...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Julie Kenward
11-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Yup...what Gus said. You're cropping in so closely to the bird that it's distorting your photograph. Back off a bit and let the bird have some room in the frame. I see you're using a 50-500mm lens so it shouldn't be a question of getting close enough to capture the image.

SeanKP
11-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Compositionally it's not ideal and maybe a touch on the soft side but creepers are incredibly difficult birds to photograph. It's certainly better than any creeper shot I've ever managed. Keep it up Mike.

Cheers.

Sean

Alfred Forns
11-26-2008, 09:12 AM
HI Mike Overall you are still on a roll quality wise Making good images. For this one have to agree to go vertical, you always want more room in front of the bird. After you make your first record image stay with the bird and go for the head angle !!! Doing good !! Looking forward to the next one !!!

mikedelaney
11-26-2008, 03:16 PM
thanks for all your remarks. i guess i was trying to get the biggest picture i could out of this little guy. i see what you all mean about the head room. still plugging along. i'll try to do better in the next shot.