11-26-2008, 02:46 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/IMG_2424-Edit.jpg

Technical: Canon 5D, Sigma 12-24, ISO 100, f/16, 1/60, 0 EV

C&C Welcome

Thanks for looking

Robert Amoruso
11-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Wow Tom, I really like this one.

Dark hill on left balances sunlight hill on right.
Grass adds interest to the FG.
Reflection adds interest and color in FG.
Having the ruins in the center of the frame works well as a central focal point from which the other elements of the image draw harmony and balance.

Things really click in this composition for me.

Bruce Murden
11-26-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm with Robert on this one. No matter where I go in this image, the elements bring me back to the ruins in the center. Excellent job!

Roman Kurywczak
11-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey Tom,
This is very beautiful........I will add that it may be a bit off CW rotation........but still excelent as the curved shore makes it very difficult to be certain. I do not mind the central placement of the structure either.......as all lines lead to it. Very nicely composed!

Tom Dolezal
11-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Wow Tom, I really like this one.

Dark hill on left balances sunlight hill on right.
Grass adds interest to the FG.
Reflection adds interest and color in FG.
Having the ruins in the center of the frame works well as a central focal point from which the other elements of the image draw harmony and balance.

Things really click in this composition for me.

Thank you Robert for your valued comments - they are very much appreciated.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
11-26-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm with Robert on this one. No matter where I go in this image, the elements bring me back to the ruins in the center. Excellent job!

Many thanks Bruce for your kind comments which are very much valued and appreciated.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
11-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey Tom,
This is very beautiful........I will add that it may be a bit off CW rotation........but still excelent as the curved shore makes it very difficult to be certain. I do not mind the central placement of the structure either.......as all lines lead to it. Very nicely composed!

Many thanks Roman for your kind comments which are, as always, very much valued and appreciated.

As for a bit of CW rotation - I think you are suggesting that as the tower is leaning slightly to the left. In reality it actually does - http://www.visitourscotland.co.uk/ardvreck/index.html - if you look at the 2 bottom images you will notice in the RH there is distinct lean to the left. This image was shot approx. midway between those 2 images and reflects [no pun intended] that LH lean.

Tom

Julie Kenward
11-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Tom, I agree with the others but have to say that the "s" curved whispy clouds just to the left of the ruins really makes this image for me. Most of the elements have some kind of curve or slope to them and getting the clouds to mirror that was a great stroke of luck.