PDA

View Full Version : Pelican braking

Phil Colla
01-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Greetings, glad to see such fine photography being posted here, its a real inspiration. This was photographed in La Jolla a few days ago in the early yellow light 8am. 1DsII / 300 handheld / ISO 320 / f/6.3 @ 1/2000. I also got the frame with the wings full out but this one with some oblique angle to it seems more interesting to my eye in spite of the shadow under the left wing. Pelicans and light have been very good most days over the last few weeks, get you folks coming from out of town fired up for your visit...

http://www.oceanlight.com/jpg/ns/20059.jpg

Fabs Forns
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Hey Phil,

looking forward to meeting you!!!

Good looking bird, and the head position looks great. Light is good, just hold the candle till we get there :)
Agree with your self critique of the wing, and it does look like a nice angle.

See you soon,

Fabs

Alfred Forns
01-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Hi Phil I like the beauty Just wish the left wing was fully turned Might try getting a little detail on the shadow area Sure like the fine feather detail and feel !!!

Chris van Rooyen
01-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Lovely posture and sweet light. Personally I don't mind the shadow on the wings as the feather detail is fully visible.

Linda Robbins
01-18-2008, 08:59 PM
I like the braking flight pose, and the bird is well-placed in the frame. I don't mind the shadow on the bent wing since there is still a lot of detail there. Nice image!