PDA

View Full Version : When Then Last Light Meets the Stars

Maxis Gamez
11-25-2008, 10:24 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_6333.jpg
When Last Light Meets the Stars - S.W Florida

Another try to landscapes. I was hoping the city lights would not be as strong to create some star trails. My idea was to have the stars fall into the house but can't do it in the city. But I like this one.

What do you guys think?

Hope you like it!

Canon 40D, Sigma 24-70 EX @ 32mm, f/8, 1 minute exposure, ISO, 400, Tripod, Cable Release, RAW, Full Frame.

Thanks!

Alfred Forns
11-25-2008, 10:40 PM
I think its great Maxis I love this image !!!! Maybe just tone down the bright star.

Robert Amoruso
11-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Well done Maxis.

Michael Pancier
11-26-2008, 06:49 AM
beautiful shot Max ...

Roman Kurywczak
11-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey Maxis,
I like the image as presented..........the colors are super!...........and will offer you this to try. You shot at ISO 400 for 1 min. ......so ISO 100..........would be 4 minutes........and all the settings the same............so 4 times the lenght of trails. Now.........I usually do 1 hour for trails........but it is no moon.........and well past dusk.......so here is what I want you to try if you so choose..........expose it at the same time of day...........but try 8 minutes.........and for 4 of those minutes............place your hand closely & directly in front of the lens......(no I am not crazy!!!....well slighly.......but that is another topic)......without touching it!.........move your hand slightly up and down (not too much to interfere with the stars).....to soften the effect/line of your hand in the final image. I have done this a number of times..........with digital..........you will get instant feedback if you kept your hand in 1 place too long.
An example is night at nubble; http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15832
and this was during the full moon. Best/easiest.........without it. PM me if you need more info.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Maxis,
The stars are also listening to you. :-) Love the colours and the overall feel. Lovely.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi