PDA

View Full Version : Sandhill Crane

Maxis Gamez
11-25-2008, 09:30 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_7973.jpg
Sandhill Crane - S.W Florida

More Sandhill Cranes!. I didn't know how these guys drink water until few days ago. More to come!

Hope you like it.

Canon 40D, 500mm L @ f/5.6, 1/800 sec, ISO 400, RAW, Tripod, Slightly cropped to help composition.

Thanks!

bill kominsky
11-25-2008, 09:47 PM
I really do not know what to say or am I capable of making a comment except that everything you post to me is out-standing and all are stand alone beauties as is this being no exception Maxis, and wish someday I can be there.

Bill

Dave Phillips
11-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Bosque Del Florida....gotta love not having to travel half way cross country Maxis.
Sweet light and pose.....the coloration at top may be a bit distracting to some.

your series has been wonderful and look forward to more

Maxis Gamez
11-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Bosque Del Florida....gotta love not having to travel half way cross country Maxis.

Hi Dave,

I never had such an amazing opportunity to photograph these guys at basically any angle and every single image almost full frame. I even have some images with the 70-200mm. I haven't been to Bosque (YET), but as far as I know, you can't get this close out there!

Thank you for your thoughts!

Maxis Gamez
11-25-2008, 09:57 PM
I really do not know what to say or am I capable of making a comment except that everything you post to me is out-standing and all are stand alone beauties as is this being no exception Maxis, and wish someday I can be there.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your wonderful words. Just to remind you that I'm still learning but I'm sure you will get wonderful images sooner than what you think!

Just never give up!! Get up early and stay out late!!

Alfred Forns
11-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Good looking bird Maxis and does look like something form Bosque Carne Pools !!

I like the soft light and behavior Would do away with the dark strip at the top !!!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Very nice Maxis, you got that sweet light also. Great detail. When I was at Bosque you could get real close to sandhills if there was not much people activity.

Steve Maxson
11-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Beautiful, Maxis. Great light and sharpness and a very interesting behavior captured.

Juan Aragonés
11-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Superb pose, Bg and action with a killer light Maxis

Ramon M. Casares
11-26-2008, 01:28 PM
It all comes down to light :) Couldn't be better, love the pose, BG and detail, but that light is stunnig!