PDA

View Full Version : Color proof in Photoshop

Fabs Forns
01-17-2008, 10:06 PM
For those of you who are seeing a significant difference in the colors from your TIFF or PSD to the jpg showing in the web, you may want to have this potion checked in your PS menu:

Robert Amoruso
01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks I never knew that one. You da girl Fabs.

Loyce Hood
01-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks, Fabs; that's a great tip. I always attributed the difference to loss of quality due to compression. The jpg looks a lot better now.

Jimmie Campbell
01-19-2008, 08:56 PM
It may be worth mentioning that this setting is used to proof colors for the web by checking on proof colors once proof setup is set (Windows RGB). Also, your proof colors will show what the current working space profile colors will look like in a web browser, which for most are NOT profile aware,most browsers ignore profiles and assume everthing is in sRGB color space. Hence, unless you convert to sRGB (and 8bit) before proofing you will NOT get an image as it will appear in a browser. Of couse at this point the proof is corrected so it appears the way you want it to on the web.

Pete Woods
01-20-2008, 03:39 AM
Fabs, thanks I will give that a try :)

Robert O'Toole
01-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi Fabs,

Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Fab, this is a big hint for me since I been having a hard time trying to understand why my pictures look dull every time I convert them into jpg. Thank you so much for your advise.

Robert Campbell
09-09-2008, 09:52 AM
For those of you who are seeing a significant difference in the colors from your TIFF or PSD to the jpg showing in the web, you may want to have this potion checked in your PS menu:

Peter Kes seems to think that you ought to choose Custom and select your own Monitor Profile. if you've selected your own monitor profile under the Windows Display setting, will "Windows RGB" in PS <View, Proof setup> (as suggested by Fabs) automatically pick it up and use it?