PDA

View Full Version : Jim Poor C.P.D.T. (someday)

Jim Poor
11-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Something I've not talked about much yet is that I've gotten involved in an apprentice program for Certified Professional Dog Trainer. I've been interested for quite a while, but never found a program that I liked. I met the woman I'm working with at an event and was very impressed by her dogs as well as her clients dogs, so I struck up a conversation about it and here we are. I figure at the least it will be good my photography on several levels, and in a perfect world will give me another pet related job that will keep me from relying wholly on my govt. contract work which is non-existent at the moment.

I'm also doing some promotional photography for her since she travels and lectures quite a bit.
If you saw the show Greatest American Dog, you may recognize Laurie and Andrew.

This, however, is William, one of her other dogs. I'm fond of leaving the shadows in for images like this, but if she wants to go pure white, I can do that too. The shoot was done on white seamless, but for this picture I sampled colors from his eyes and spots to make a new BG.

The rest of the proofs from the shoot: http://www.jimpoor.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=135

Alfred Forns
11-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Love the pose Jim !!!

..... by the way who was the winner for the Greatest American Dog !!! I watch till there were three left when they had the elephant in the show !!

Jim Poor
11-25-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure who won, but the runner up was Laurie and Andrew (Maltese). I've been trying to find re-runs of the show, but have only found clips.

Robert Amoruso
11-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Nice work on the image Jim and good luck with the certification.

Alfred Forns
11-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Jim the Maltese is the one that stood his ground against the elephant !!!!!

Gus Cobos
11-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Very nice Jim, a fine looking fellow...:cool:

Julie Kenward
11-25-2008, 07:33 PM
What a beautiful dog and I love how you took samples of the actual animal to create the BG...nice work! Best of luck on the training (yours and the dogs) and REALLY good luck on getting government work again.

Beth Goffe
11-26-2008, 10:18 AM
LOL, this dog looks like Alice Cooper but with brown rather than black around his eyes. Beautiful guy, though, and great image! Good luck on the course!