PDA

View Full Version : Copulating Moths

adcolon
11-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Composia credula. Cambalache State Forest, Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Canon 30D, Canon 180 macro w ext. tube and 580X Flash. ISO 200, f/16 @ 1/250 sec.

Julie Kenward
11-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Great catch Alfredo! You did a wonderful job of finding the best possible angle and I love that you can see the red stripe on both insects! Very well done! I would only suggest cloning out the one little white spot next to the one insect's face (on the leaf).

Karl Günter Wünsch
11-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Hello Aldredo,
you have found a nice subject there, what I don't like too much is the use of the flash as the main (only) source of lighting. This is IMHO especially problematic as the moths are black and thus are not well defined in front of the background. Was the environment that distracting to resort to this?
I do like the angle though although this meant that the DOF is marginally too small for both to be perfectly in focus, the left one looks to me as if it is not quite in focus. although that could be a result of too little sharpening after resizing for presentation here...
regards
Karl Günter

Mike Moats
11-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey ad, I like the comp and panoramic look. I agree with karl as it look soft on the focus to me. Maybe a tad more sharpening is needed.