PDA

View Full Version : Landing gear down

Doug Brown
11-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Another Bosque image from last week. This was taken at sunset when the cranes were coming home for the night. I wasn't sure about the OOF cranes in the RLC, but after looking at the image for a while decided that it worked for me. I'm interested in other BPNer opinions on the image.

http://birdwhisperer.smugmug.com/photos/421812902_yZtHY-O.jpg

Canon 50D, 500mm, f/4.0, 1/500, ISO 1250, no flash, hand held

Axel Hildebrandt
11-25-2008, 09:31 AM
I like the landing pose and setting. It could go a tad brighter for my taste and I'm not sure about the OOF cranes. I would have probably cloned them out since they are all angled away.

JP Bruce
11-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I like it. The other cranes are a distraction but that is the way it is. I prefer them to stay there. Only thing I would like is a little more room on left.
Headed up there in 2 days and can't wait.

Todd Frost
11-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Doug, good pose and bg. OOF cranes don't bother me, would probably be stronger w/o but not a deal breaker. It looks a bit flat on my monitor, tried a contrast boost and imo it made a nice image even stronger.

Todd

Fabs Forns
11-25-2008, 11:06 AM
I love the landing pose and the BG. OOF Cranes are distracting to me and take away from the image IMO,
and there is a magenta cast in the plumage, probably due to the high ISO.

Show us some more Bosque!

<-------wishes she was there now :)

Daniel Cadieux
11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey Doug,

I'm not too fond of those cranes in LRC, and I also see the cast Fabs mentioned. I also see some colour noise on the near wing. Still pretty darned good for that high of an ISO setting :-) Love the landing pose. Glad you had a good time there last week!

Tony Whitehead
11-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi Dooug. Another vote for evicting the OOF cranes. They pull my eye from the main subject which looks really nice. I like those OOF seed heads in the BG behind the landing crane - they seem to make a trail behind him.

bill kominsky
11-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Sorry Doug another vote for OOF Cranes in the LRC, otherwise everything is perfect, another winner.

Bill

Ramon M. Casares
11-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi Doug, here's a repost wothout the OOF Cranes and also some more shapening, stauration, and some work on the Crane's color to separate the bird afrom the BG a bit more. Hope you don't mind.

Ps: Loved the shot, great pose, light, BG, colurs and detail! Congratualitons!