PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine Falcon

Rene' Villela
11-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Good evening everyone!

I was looking on my book and I think this guy could be an Osprey or a Peregrine Falcon. Maybe you guys can help with that! These guys are hard to find and I think this one is the third one I ever saw. Before they didn't give me time to even get close to my camera. I was driving on an interstate road and I saw him on the top of a cliff. There was no place to park so I just left my company car on the side of the road and started to get as close as I could. I was on the bottom of the cliff and this is the best angle I could get. I took many shots but what I like about this one is his pose looking back over the shoulder and he let me capture all his back feathers.

I already told you what I like about it so is your job to get critical and tell me what you don't like and se how I can improve it! Thank you!

By the way, when I got to my car, there was a cop waiting for me. He got so surprised to see a foreigner and he just said: DAME (Means bad or don't do it) and he took off.

Nikon D300 - AF-S 300 f/4 + TC-17e II 1.7x
A/P f/8, 1/500 sec, ISO 200
Japan, North-East on the Japanese see coast line (Yamagata Prefecture)

Axel Hildebrandt
11-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Great find and story. I like the details of this peregrine and only wish the angle were less steep and more eye contact. Keep them coming!

Doug Brown
11-25-2008, 09:25 AM
It's a Peregrine, and I agree with Axel's comment about the angle.

Fabs Forns
11-25-2008, 11:13 AM
I like the detail in the back plumage, exposure and sharpness are right one and head turn great. Agree on the steep angle being the only negative.

Big welcome to BPN, hope you can feel right at home.

Rene' Villela
11-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Fabs... thank you for the welcome!

Also thank you for your time and comments! Also thanks to the admin that cleaned up the mess I made trying to submit this post! Cheers!