PDA

View Full Version : Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge No. 1

Robert Amoruso
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
From my resent workshop at the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma.

5 frame exposure blending using Photomatix Pro Exposure Blending (I did not record the Exposure Blending method used but it was not the Average method). Sometimes I find that I like the Exposure Blending (not HDR or tone-mapping method) in PMPro better than the HDR results. W/o the blending, the FG is basically dark with minimal detail.

Canon EOS-1D Mark III
1/20 sec, 1/10 sec, 1/5 sec, 0.4 sec, 0.8 sec
f/22
ISO: 400
Lens: EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Focal length: 47mm

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
11-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Hi Robert, Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for the tip on Photomatix Pro will try on some NM photos.

Great Image

David Kennedy
11-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Robert,
Nicely composed, subtle image. The only thing that I would hope for would be a bit more clearance between the foreground tall grasses and the trees in the mid-ground (to be able to see the start of a trunk or two).

Cheers,
David

Robert Amoruso
11-29-2008, 09:10 PM
I walked around for awhile to get the other ground elements to line up with the clouds well. Grass was about three feet tall and I was on a downslope. Thanks for looking David - your comments are always welcome. :)

ChasMcRae
12-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Photo matrix on my software wish list, but priority purchase this month is upgrade PS4.

I do not remember any clouds like this while I was there.

The overall effect I think is very pleasing and shows blending of prairie grass, rocks and mtns.

Chas.

Robert Amoruso
12-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Photo matrix on my software wish list, but priority purchase this month is upgrade PS4.

I do not remember any clouds like this while I was there.

The overall effect I think is very pleasing and shows blending of prairie grass, rocks and mtns.

Chas.

This was before the workshop. I had clouds and colors every evening.