ISO 320
center weighted meter
0 EV
AP
beanbag support

Sabyasachi Patra
11-24-2008, 02:32 AM
John,
I like the colours, clean background, sharpness in this image. Like the details and ears are interestingly turned in different directions. I would like to crop a bit from the left. I agree that we often tend to ignore the common subjects, which can give us good images as well. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ken Watkins
11-24-2008, 03:51 AM
Really nice picture of my favourite small antelope. I spend most of my time on Safari trying to get good photos of the smaller stuff. How many photos of Leopards in trees do you need?

DanWalters
11-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Very nice shot! I like the clean background and the eyes. The soft colors really work as well.

Robert Amoruso
11-24-2008, 09:59 AM
OOF BG, pleasing comp of the head and torso, good DOF and overall sharpness and a pretty looking subject combine for a pleasing image.

I might suggest a touch more contrast - looks like a soft light lower the contrast some. Though I do like the diffused look of the light I think it is worth investigating.

Steve Canuel
11-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Nice looking animal with a pleasing color scheme. Nicely detailed as well.

John Blumenkamp
11-25-2008, 01:04 AM
I like the square format and framing of this one... works really well with how you captured that look right into the lens. :cool:

Kari Post
11-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Nice details, soft light, and clean background.

John Ippolito
11-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks all for your comments and suggestions.

OOF BG, pleasing comp of the head and torso, good DOF and overall sharpness and a pretty looking subject combine for a pleasing image.

I might suggest a touch more contrast - looks like a soft light lower the contrast some. Though I do like the diffused look of the light I think it is worth investigating.

Robert,
I appreciate your input and the helpful suggestion. I'll try some contrast adjustments when I get back to my machine tonight.

And, Sabyasachi, I'll try the crop.