PDA

View Full Version : Oneleged Snowy Egret inFlight

Samir Begovic
11-23-2008, 06:51 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/3051885009_cf03fdeecc_o.jpg

This is my old photo, but I could never decide how to crop. It is not usual to have less space in the front, but I thought it may work in this case.

Thank you.

Canon 20D
70-200 f/2.8L USM @ 200mm
1/6400
F/4.0
ISO 400

Hand Held

Axel Hildebrandt
11-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Cool pose, details and reflection. I would either add more room at the right to see the entire circle or put the bird further to the right in the frame. Interesting that one can not see the eye in the reflection and that birds can adapt to the loss of a foot.

Linda Robbins
11-23-2008, 11:49 AM
I agree with Axel's composition comments. I like the pose, the reflection, and the interesting textures in the water. I often see birds missing a foot here in Florida, and whenever I see one I wonder what caused the loss and marvel at how well the birds seem to cope with the disability.

Tony Whitehead
11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
I agree with the above comments but this works very well as is. There is so much to look at in this image. The water textures, drips and ripples are great. The bird and reflection with such detail and varied views of the plumage (from above and below are fascinating). It is amazing how well birds adapt - I think fishing line tangles are often the culprits in these amputations - I find the missing foot a little disturbing in this image and I think that adds another dimension to it. Well done!

Samir Begovic
11-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Thank you for the replies. I've heard that turtle can be sometimes responsible for missing foot. This bird lives probably very close to my house. I see him almost every day fishing. He is doing very good.