PDA

View Full Version : Please Sir, can I have .........

Jeni Williams
11-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Just about to chase this one after catching it robbing the Bird feeder. I thought the expression priceless - definitely a candidate for the next production of "Oliver ". As you can see it s hair is wet too.
Canon 40D
420mm
f/5.6 exp time: 1/1200sec.

(We won't talk about the weather!!)

Gus Cobos
11-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi Jeni,
I like the composition and close up capture. The facial expression and the eyes do it for me. A suggestion; you might want to tone down the slightly cooked white hairs along the face and the food in his hand. also consider toning down and blurring the oof background to the lower left of the frame...congrats on the nice capture...:cool:

Harold Davis
11-23-2008, 07:53 AM
agree with gus and may also suggest a crop off the left and adding some space to the right as that is the way he is looking. you did capture a look here!! nice job!!

do you have these guys in your yard?

denise ippolito
11-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Jeni, good suggestions from the guys- What an adorable little face. I think you captured him very well. Congrats!

Julie Kenward
11-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Gus nailed it...the high tones are just a little too high here. Also, you nailed the eyes in sharpness but seemed to have gotten the rest of his face a bit on the soft side. His nose and jaw are just a little OOF for my taste. The expression is priceless, though!

Jackie Schuknecht
11-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Love the expression Jeni, he does look pretty forlorn and a pefect Dickens character:)

Jeni Williams
11-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks all. He is sitting in the bird feeder (bottom left). The troop move all around the neighborhood and can really be destructive. Rob nests of eggs and kill nestlings. They are considered a nuisance all along the coast as they are inclined to go into kitchens to get at food and can be quite vicious. Unfortunately, we get the nutters that shoot them with pellet guns and do quite a bit of damage. :(
I'm afraid that amongst my friends I am considered an eccentric - I think they are so cute! Its is baby season at the moment and I really enjoy watching the little ones.
Thanks again for the crits - will go back and do some PP work!!;)

Alfred Forns
11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
.... and were was the bird feeder :eek: :) Like it a lot just needs softer light !!!